Comprehensive Administration of Credentials for Teachers in Utah Schools (CACTUS)
New LEA CACTUS Users
Please follow these steps every time there is a change in your LEA’s CACTUS administrators. It is critical to complete these steps as soon as possible to maintain security of educator information.
- Complete the End User Removal Form with the person who is no longer to have CACTUS access.
- Request CACTUS and Remote Desktop Service (RDS) accounts through the Application Help Desk. (801) 538-7800
- Review CACTUS Training Materials.
- Watch the Annual CACTUS Training in entirety.
- Review recent Educator Licensing Newsletters for important information related to educator licensing and CACTUS.
CACTUS Annual Training
This was held July 19, 2023. You may view the recording (bit.ly/CACTUS23) at any time. All new users must watch the training in entirety prior to having the new account approved by USBE.
CACTUS Codes & Data for SY24
- 2023-2024 Assignment Requirements - This file shows which license areas and endorsements are required to qualify an individual for a particular assignment. Any assignment that is not a school leader or teacher has requirements determined by the LEA (R277-308).(Spreadsheet File)
- 2023-2024 Percentages by Full-time Equivalency (FTE) and Qualifications MidYear Report - This file shows the percent of teachers at each LEA and school that have Professional, Associate, or LEA-Specific licenses. These data are required if your LEA uses LEA-Specific licensing.EE(Spreadsheet File)
- School Year (SY) 2023-2024 Active Core Codes - These are this school year's course codes and assignments.(Spreadsheet File)
- New School Request Form - Complete this form to add a new school to CACTUS.
- SY 2025 Core Code Changes - These changes will take effect for the 2024-2025 school year.
CACTUS Database Steward
Kristin Campbell is the Educator Licensing Data Steward. Please contact her with any CACTUS database related questions by email.