Board Meeting Public Comment
How to Give Public Comment at Board Meetings
The Utah State Board of Education (USBE) appreciates your interest in sharing your public comments at the monthly board meeting. Individuals may sign up one week before the specified board meeting by e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any time, you are welcome to send written comments to the Board at email@example.com. Please include the city where you live in your e-mail because your recognized board member may choose to reply personally.
Public Comment Disclaimer
- Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per person.
- A comment can express simple support or dissent for regulatory action. However, a constructive comment supported with evidence, data, and information is more likely to influence regulatory decision-making.
- Individuals should not use public comment to complain about personnel issues or attack or defame an individual.
- Speakers making a highly detailed or complex comment should also consider providing a written outline of their words to the Board.
- Please remember that children may hear your comments. Be thoughtful and professional.
- Keep your comments appropriate for a general audience. If you have material with explicit language/content, submit such material in writing to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standing Committee Meetings
Individuals who want to comment on a specific agenda item(s) during a committee meeting, please get in touch with the following people:
Standards and Assessment Committee | email@example.com
Law and Licensing Committee | firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Committee | email@example.com