6th Grade Lessons
The following lessons are included in the 6th grade curriculum.
Each lesson supports the Utah State office of Education (USOE) Health core objectives, Character Education traits and Risk/Protective Factors.
To obtain a copy of the curriculum, contact your local Safe and Drug Free Schools or Prevention Specialist.
- Setting Goals
- “Brag It” Gazette
- Support Systems
- Coping With Strong Feelings
- Managing Anger
- Decision Making
- Choosing Good Friends
- Alcohol: Knowing the Facts!
- The Gateway Drug: Marijuana
- Don’t Sport Steroids
- Behaviors, Habits, and Addictions
- The Cycle of Addiction
- Drugs on Trial
- Have I Got a Deal for You
- “A Perfect 10!”: Eating Disorders and Body Image
- Keeping Out of Trouble Part One
- Keeping Out of Trouble Part Two
- Stress Management
- Communication: “What I Am Really Saying”
View a Sample Lesson
Submit your success stories, activities, or ideas to verne [dot] larsen [at] schools [dot] utah [dot] gov (Verne Larsen).