Test-Taker Resources - GED Credentials
Official Transcript of GED Tests Results (GED Score Report)
An Official Transcript of GED Test Results is issued at the time any of the five GED Tests are scored regardless of the test-taker’s scores. A minimum score of 410 in each test area with an overall battery average score of 450 is required to successfully pass the GED Tests. Test scores are considered official when generated by:
- Official GED Testing Centers or Utah State Office of Education
- Transcript Service of the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- Veterans Administration Hospitals and Centers, or
- GED Testing Service (GEDTS)
GED Certificate Credential – Exchanges
Persons passing the GED Tests between January 1, 2002 and June 30, 2009, may exchange the GED Certificate for a Utah High School Completion Diploma for $15.00 by completing and following the instructions on the exchange form.
Utah High School Completion Diploma (from July 1, 2009 forward)
- A Utah High School Completion Diploma is issued when all five GED Tests are passed that meet Utah testing standards.
- School-age GED test-takers, who pass all five of the GED Tests according to the Utah state standard, (minimum of 410 on each test with an overall average score of 450) may not return to a K-12 program of instruction.
- School-age GED test-takers, who have an IEP, are eligible for Free Access to Public Education (FAPE) regardless of whether or not they may have successfully obtained a GED and the resulting Utah High School Completion Diploma.
- Academic credit is not allowed for successful passing of the GED Tests taken and passed after June 30, 2009.
Duplicate Utah High School Completion Diplomas
- A Utah High School Completion Diploma will print as “original” until one week after the diploma is issued. After that time, the word DUPLICATE appears on all diploma requests. Test-takers should verify that the name and information printed on the diploma is accurate within this week and request any changes to the document be made at the testing center.
- Duplicate diplomas (regardless of how many) cannot be issued during the first week unless the original is illegible and must be destroyed.
Authentication of GED Tests Documents/Apostille Certification
Foreign countries may require some documents to be authenticated prior to processing. In this case the test-taker must contact and work through the Utah Lieutenant Governor’s Office, Notary Division. Detailed information and directions regarding the authentication/Apostille process is found at: authentications.utah.gov/
- The test-taker completes and sends the application and required fee to the Lt. Governor’s office;
- The Utah State Office of Education informs the Lt. Governor’s Office of the test-taker’s intent; and
- At the request of the Lt. Governor’s Office, the Utah State Office of Education will provide a signed and stamped GED Official Transcript of GED Tests Results and certificate or diploma to the Lt. Governor’s Office where the documents will be endorsed and the Utah State Office of Education seal and signature validated as genuine.