Examiner Resources - Policies and Procedures
Official Transcript of GED Tests Results Transcript
A GED Official Transcript of GED Tests Results report "Score Report" is issued at the time any of the five subtests are scored regardless of the test-taker’s scores. Test scores are accepted when original scores are reported by:
- 1. Official GED Testing Centers or State Offices
- 2. Transcript Service of the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- 3. Veterans Administration Hospitals and Centers
- 4. GED Testing Service (GEDTS)
Middle name or initial can be added to official GED Transcripts if proper ID is provided.
1. Name Changes
- a. Name changes are allowed due to marriage only when the test-taker is in the process of testing and they provide both their birth certificate and their marriage license.
- b. Name changes are not permitted after the test-taker passes the GED Tests unless there is a court order that shows a change in name. If this is the case the candidate must provide the following information to the State GED Tests Administrator:
- i. a copy of the official court order, and
- ii. legal identification.
The Utah State Office of Education recognizes the right of the individual to change his or her name. However, the Utah State Office of Education reserves the right to refuse to honor a request for name changes on GED records if there are reasonable grounds to believe the request is intended to promote any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
The Utah State Office of Education assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any adverse consequences to any individual, including any negative outcomes caused by mistakes in recording or providing information that may occur as a result of an individual’s action to change that person’s name as it appears on GED records.