* For clarification on student residence status, please refer to state code and to board rule. Parents simply owning a home in Utah does not qualify a student to attend EHS. State law requires full-time residency also. Student residency status, for purposes of Electronic High School participation and enrollment, shall be determined by one of the following:
- The student’s custodial parent or legal guardian must be a *resident of Utah, or
- The student must be in the custody or under the supervision of a (Utah) State agency. or
- The student must be married (as demonstrated by documentation upon request) or emancipated under Utah Code Section 78-3a-1001 through 1005.
The following DO NOT establish residency for public school purposes or for enrollment in the Utah Electronic High School:
- Property owned in Utah
- Property or a living space leased or rented in Utah unless parent/legal guardian can prove, to the satisfaction of EHS directors, that the property/living space is the legal guardian’s permanent and/or primary legal residence.
- A power of attorney
- Designations of “guardianship” from relatives or friends
- Military participation or enrollment of parent/legal guardian UNLESS the parent/legal guardian has designated Utah (subject to documentation) as the primary legal residence.
- Payment of Utah taxes for various purposes.