The Teaching and Learning section at the Utah State Board of Education (USBE):
- Administers and monitors projects established by the Utah State legislature.
- Is responsible for the development and implementation of the Utah Core Standards as directed by USBE.
- Grants teaching and administrator licenses, monitors associated programs, and administers relicensure processes in accordance with Utah code.
- Administers and monitors projects designed to support Local Education Agencies (LEAs) as requested and in accordance with state regulations.
- Administers and monitors Federal Programs related to teaching, learning, and licensing in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Educator Excellence Plan