The International Baccalaureate consists of three programs that encompass ages 3-19.
- Primary Years Programme: Ages 3-12.
- Middle Years Programme: Ages 12-16.
- Diploma Programme: Ages 16-19.
All three programmes require study in a broad range of subjects including content in cultural education. Special emphasis in language acquisition and language development, the development in the skills of learning, opportunities for individual and collaborative planning as well as a community service component requiring action and reflection, complement the course of study in the IB programmes.
Information about IB Schools of Utah
Test Fee Program - IB
The Utah State Office of Education (USOE) IB Test Fee Program (IB) is offering financial assistance for all eligible low-income students taking IB tests. Ultimately, the IB Program will maximize opportunities for all eligible low-income Utah students to experience academic and personal success. Individuals who are members of special populations will be provided full access to USOE's IB Test Fee Program services and activities. Appropriate district and school personnel will identify participants with special needs who may require instructional and other accommodations to benefit from project services and activities.
In accord with the Utah Special Education Rules, USOE's IB Test Fee Program will provide reasonable accommodations to currently meet or exceed requirements of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). As needed, qualified paraprofessionals will be hired to assist in providing services to students with Special Education needs.
Eligibility requirements for students requesting AP Test Fee Waivers are based on the following criteria:
- Eligible for free/reduced lunch income guidelines under the National School Lunch Act;
- Students in families receiving assistance under Part A of Title IV of the Social Security Act;
- Students eligible to receive medical assistance under the Medicaid Program Title XIX of the Social Security Act, and/or
- Utah State fee waiver income guidelines.
For more information about income guidelines visit: schools.Utah.gov/law/School-Fee-Forms.aspx
Utah IB Test Fee Waivers
- The federal contribution to low-income students will be $100 per exam.
- There are no exam fees for low-income students.
- Identify eligible students based on the stated criteria.(See eligibility)
- School is responsible to keep documentation about the number of students qualifying for the IB Test Fee Waiver Program.
- Complete the USOE online training materials. Information will be sent to IB coordinators at the end of March.
- Send in to USOE no later than June 15, 2012 the following: USOE Assurance Form, copy of School IB Registration Fee Summary Form.
If you have questions, please contact: Moya Kessig, 801-538-7742 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IB Test Fee Waiver Form
International Baccalaureate Organization
The Primary Years Program
The Middle Years Program
The Diploma Program