Educator Licensing - Culinary Arts/Chef
PERSONAL AND MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES
Endorsement Application - PDF
SAEP Application - PDF
Note: Please complete interactive PDF form electronically. Once completed, print and send in form as outlined in application instructions.
Minimum Endorsement Requirements
- Existing CTE Speciality or CTE License, and
- Culinary arts bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of full-time culinary arts work experience, or
- An associate’s degree in a culinary arts related field and four (4) years of full-time culinary arts work experience, or
- Six (6) years or more of full-time culinary arts work experience, or
- An earned diploma with a chef certification.
The Culinary Arts/Chef Endorsement allows an educator to teach the following course:
Complete the following to apply for a Skilled & Technical Sciences Education Endorsement:
- Download the application form.
- Fill out the form, including university/college course numbers, work experience and industry certifications, to indicate that minimum requirements in each area have been met.
- Indicate you are applying for an endorsement.
- Attach a copy of your transcripts and highlight corresponding classes.
- Attach copies of letters to verify employment.
- Attach copies of test scores, current professional licenses or other documentation requested by the state specialist.
- Do not send letters of reference or resumes.
- Send the transcripts, professional certifications, and completed form, along with the appropriate processing fee to:
Utah State Office of Education
ATTN: Stephanie Ferris
Educator Quality and Licensing
250 East 500 South
P O Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4200
March 3, 2014