Directors Meeting Materials and Information
Current Meeting Materials
December 9, 2013
(links to "OnTrack" registration and "Connect" online meeting is toward the bottom of this page)
2009 Archives - coming soon
2008 Archives - coming soom
2007 Archives - coming soon
2006 Archives - coming soon
Charter School Directors Meeting
Charter School Directors meetings are designed to disseminate information and update charter school leaders on legislation, USOE practices and procedures, and various topics to help school leaders. Meetings are typically held the second Monday of every month with meetings in even numbered months being held in person and meetings in odd numbered months being held online. In order to allow leaders and other interested staff to attend remotely we make every attempt to have it available online.
Attendees often mention the value of meeting in person and the amount they gain by networking with others. We understand with time conflicts, travel and budget constraints’ attending is sometimes not a viable option, we hope this provides a suitable alternate solution in those circumstances.
The meeting agenda and associated documents are available online by clicking on the Current Meeting Materials date above. Please review the agenda for any time and location updates.
To Attend in Person or for Questions
Don’t forget that licensed educators wanting relicensure points must sign up using OnTrack.
The purpose of using OnTrack for the Director’s Meetings is to, first, automatically enter licensure points for attendance, and second, to track RSVPs. (Any administrator without a CACTUS number should still Contact/RSVP to jo [dot] schmitt [at] schools [dot] utah [dot] gov (Jo Schmitt).
Steps to Log-in:
- Log-in to OnTrack at: usoe.truenorthlogic.com.
- Your Log-in ID is your first name.last name.
- Your Password is your CACTUS number.
Once you are in the system, you may change your password by going to the very top of the page and click on “My Profile.” Then, go to the bottom right corner and click on “Edit.”
Steps to Register using OnTrack:
- Click on the yellow tab labeled “Professional Learning.”
- In the “Learning Opportunities Search” box (left side of screen), leave the first box as “Contains,” and type in “Director’s meeting” in the long white box next to that.
- Either use the “Enter” key or click on “Search” at the bottom of the same box.
- The course “Charter School Director’s Meeting” will then show as a course.
- Click on “View Sections.” Look at the “Start Date” to determine the appropriate section.
- Click the name (title) of the section.
- Click “Register” under “Section Title.”
- Confirm that you registered for the correct course and click “Next” at the bottom, right corner of the page.
- You have now successfully registered for the course.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
For problems logging in, contact penny [dot] ford [at] schools [dot] utah [dot] govPenny Ford, (801) 538-7695 or robert [dot] austin [at] schools [dot] utah [dot] govRobert Austin, (801) 538-7575.
To Attend Online Via Connect8
To participate online visit http://connect.schools.utah.gov/uscs (Note: the room will open approximately 10 minutes prior to the start of the meeting).
Select 'enter as a guest' and type in your full name.
Click on 'enter room'. No password is required.
It is possible there may be technical issues at our location. We always recommend staying in the Connect 8 room for at least fifteen minutes to allow for any necessary technical resolutions. For technical questions directly related to the Directors Meeting Connect 8 Session, please contact marlies [dot] burns[at]schools [dot] utah [dot] gov(Marlies Burns).