USOE Home » Adult Education » Community and Students

Community and Students

Who Can Participate in Adult Education Programs?

Residents of the state of Utah (individuals 18 or older and out-of-school youth ages 16 or older) who are legal residents of the United States, making Utah their permanent home.

Non-residents (individuals 18 or older and out-of-school youth ages 16 or older) may participate in adult education programs but must pay full fees and tuition to participate equal to the nearest college or university.

Refugee Resources

Refugee Education Services

State of Utah Refugee Office
This website provides useful information for refugees, service providers, public and private partners, and the community at large. It provides information to different organizations that are set up to help refugees. There is also information on where and how to access such necessities as housing, employment, financial assistance, school and English education, as well as a host of other areas.

Other Resources

Eligibility Quick Reference Sheet
Financial Assistance, Food Stamps, Child Care and Medical Assistance

Youth Suicide Prevention
Resources to assist programs, students, and community in addressing issues surrounding suicide.