USOE Home » Home School » Home


For parents who wish to home school their child, the State of Utah requires the parent to complete and file an affidavit with their local school district stating their intent to home school. 

The Utah State Board of Education (USBE) has a Model Affidavit and Exemption Certificate for Home School Instruction, however we suggest contacting your local school district to find out what form they require. While USBE serves as a guide, home school jurisdiction falls under the local school district.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

School District Responsibilities and Home Schools


Senate Bill (S.B.) 59 (2005)
Home School Amendments

Utah Home Education Association (UHEA)