The Centennial Scholarship
This is a Utah-only Scholarship
The Centennial Scholarship for Early Graduation program is a partial tuition program which allows for high school graduation to be flexible and appropriate to meet the individual students' needs.
Centennial Scholarship Forms are available here or from your high school counselor!
Interesting Facts About Your State
Any public school student is eligible who has:
- A Student Education Occupation Plan (SEOP) on file
- Has indicated to the secondary school principal the intent to complete early graduation
- Has completed all required courses or demonstrated mastery of required skills and competencies
- Has graduated from a Utah public high school is eligible.
To receive scholarship funds, a student must: graduate early from a Utah secondary institution, enroll within one calendar year in an eligible Utah post-secondary institutions.
Post-secondary institutions accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges are eligible. A student must begin using funds as a full-time student and for tuition only within a calendar year of high school graduation.
The Junior Year
The first quarter of the senior year.
The second quarter of the senior year.
The third quarter of the senior year.
The first trimester of the senior year.
The second trimester of the senior year.
Eligible Post-secondary Schools of Higher Education
Brigham Young University
Dixie State College
LDS Business College
Salt Lake Community College
Southern Utah University
University of Utah
Utah State University
Utah State University Eastern
Utah Valley University
Weber State University
Salt Lake ATC
Uintah Basin ATC
State Office of Education Administrative Rule
- In consultation with the student's parent or guardian and school advisor, student develops a Student Education Occupation Plan (SEOP) and indicates to the secondary principal the intent to complete early graduation at the beginning of the ninth grade year or as soon thereafter as the intent is known.
- Upon graduation, student obtains Centennial Scholarship for Early Graduation certificate from high school counselor.
- High School Principal verifies that student's early graduation and signs certificate. Original certificate kept by students. Additional copies made for school and district records.
- Student enrolls full time in eligible post-secondary institution and presents certificate to registrar.
- Registrar verifies student enrollment, completes, signs, and seals certificate. Original copy is sent to Utah State Office of Education (USOE).
- USOE verifies information, approves funding, and issues funds. Funds are sent directly to the post-secondary institution in the student's name within 4-6 weeks.
- Any funds remaining unused when student leaves the post-secondary institution are returned to USOE.